PHP WordPress Developer (strong PHP desired)
Swift Communications is seeking a PHP Wordpress Developer to join our talented IT team. A qualified candidate will have a minimum of 4+ years of PHP development experience in a WordPress environment. Strong PHP developers are encouraged to apply.
td;dr – 4+ years of PHP experience is a must, you live in a state listed below is a must, full-time, benefits, awesome team, custom fields/posts, imports, git, ssh, WordPress multisite. Still with us? Read on below
Many employees have been here for 10+ years!
It’s a great place to work.
This position works only on our internal company websites and does not build nor maintain external client websites.
The qualified candidate is an experienced PHP Wordpress professional who can manage a multisite installation with millions of rows.
Our application process is two parts. Please start here and complete the questionnaire. When complete, return to this page and click apply to complete your application.
$60,000 – $70,000 per year depending on experience.
Swift Communications operates in and can hire in the following locations.
California, Nevada, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Montana, Texas, Maine, New Hampshire, Utah, Wisconsin, Idaho, Oregon
Full time, 8-hour daytime shift, Monday to Friday
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Web Developer to join our development team.
The candidate will work on both the back-end and front-end environments; maintaining our custom WordPress theme and plugins, and custom back-end development as needs arise.
Make an Impact
Our websites host millions of visitors every year. The work you do will help local communities get their news from a trusted source.
Dev Team Culture
• meeting-free weeks • quarterly company performance bonuses • fun atmosphere
We’re a medium sized company, so our codebase is established enough to provide structured tasks for the day, but still evolving fast enough to always have something challenging to work on. Our development team works remote or on-site.
System migration experience is a plus.
SAP/GIGYA/SSO/OpenID Connect integration experience is a plus.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
You’ll spend time implementing new features and functionality as well as performing maintenance. There will be opportunities to get creative with problem-solving skills. You’ll interact with the team, discussing design and functionality ideas. At times, you’ll work with the web designer to match visual design intent.
A typical day
You will attend the morning dev call, work tickets, troubleshoot bugs with the team, commit code to the repo and push to production after testing on dev.
- Strong experience with PHP back-end development (WordPress) (Composer is a plus)
- Recent professional experience managing custom WordPress installations, 4+ years
- Multi-site, custom fields, custom post types, hooks, troubleshooting
- Writing and maintaining PHP classes, functions, plugins, must-use plugins
- Theme maintenance
- Importing posts (WP All Import)
- Working knowledge of React would be a plus, but this is not a React role
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient in MySQL.
- Familiar with page speed best practices and optimization.
- Ability to review and understand the existing website theme/structure.
- Experience with git, cron, ssh, css, sass, rsync
- Implement and maintain vendor solutions (Gigya, SSO, OpenID Connect)
- Demonstrate aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to manage your workflow while coordinating with the team and management regarding schedules, requirements, goals, and assignments as needed
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Display a dependable, strong work ethic
- Able to go with the flow as priorities shift and client requests dictate
- Able to manage multiple work projects simultaneously.
- Evening or weekend work may be required on rare occasions.
- The candidate must possess a stable, high-speed internet connection and a working cell phone.
- The candidate is responsible for being available online daily during normal business hours (9 am-5 pm Mountain time)
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.